Wrinkle relaxation treatment
Wrinkle relaxation treatment achieved by Injecting a safe and effective product into the muscles under facial wrinkles causes relaxation of those muscles, resulting in the smoothing of the overlying skin. Smoothing of wrinkles is usually visible three-five days after injection, with maximum effect typically 10-14 days following injection.The Muscles can be treated repeatedly to maintain the smoothed appearance.
Examples of using wrinkle relaxation treatment is in treating frown lines (’11’s lines’ between the eyes), side of eyes (crow’s feet) and forehead wrinkles. Typically the wrinkles relaxation treatment last up to four months, and in some cases, product-dependent, with some patients experiencing a longer duration of effect.
The same products can also be used to reduce sweating under arms usually referred to as “hyperhidrosis” and to treat teeth grinding.
Are there any risks to the wrinkles relaxation treatment?
The risks of these injections are very small and temporary if it’s done correctly by a suitably qualified practitioner.
If this is your first ever treatment you may experience headache symptoms for the first 24 hours,
bruising, swelling and redness where the needles went in the skin is not uncommon.
Temporary weakness and droopiness in your face – for example, your eyelids or eyebrows may droop if the injected substance diffused into these areas.
What shall I do or not do after the wrinkle relaxation treatment ?
Don’t lie down flat for up to 4 hours after treatment.
For the first 24hours;
- Avoid rubbing and massaging the treated area, because you don’t want to make the medicine spread to other unintended muscles.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity or exposure to extreme temperatures like sauna or steam room.
- Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol.
- Avoid getting facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc.
- Avoid taking blood thinning medications like Aspirin.
What to expect from DerMediCare?
At DerMedicare, you are ensured to be treated by experienced hands of highly-trained medical professionals, who combine healthcare knowledge with extensive training to deliver remarkable results.
Our professional service includes:
- A complete end-to-end service
- Free initial comprehensive consultation with Dr Ash
- Cooling off period offered as standard
- Treatment appointment when it is convenient to you, we work late and weekend to accommodate any need.
- Out of hours support – expert advice at end of the phone.
- Complementary follow-up appointment two weeks after treatment.