PDO thread treatment
PDO thread treatment objective of the thread lift procedure is to offer a natural-looking improvement to the skin and facial structure. This non-surgical procedure has been referred to as the ’20-minute face lift’, because of its immediate results, along with its minimal downtime.
The PDO thread treatment involves insertion of the PDO thread into the skin or subcutaneous fat depending on the indication, via a fine needle or specifically designed cannula. The PDO thread treatment is quick and simple to carry out and involves no cuts or incisions so there will be no lasting scarring. Injection of small amounts of local anaesthetic during thread placement ensures that the patient is comfortable and minimise the associated pain.
The patient will see immediate results, which will improve during the following days and weeks as threads and the body start to work by producing collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. This will continue to reverse the effects of ageing and stimulate wrinkle correction and reduction, skin tightening, lifting and improve the general quality of the skin.
What should I do after the PDO thread procedure?
Immediately after the procedure
- Apply cold compress if required
- Avoid make-up for 24hours and when start to apply make-up be careful and mindful of the threads
- Wash face very carefully and avoid face creams and lotions for 24 hours
Later after PDO threads treatment care
- Restrict facial movements (for 1-3 weeks).
- Avoid hot drinks and hard food that require a lot of chewing ( hot drinks only for 48hours) hard food for the first three weeks.
- Sleep in an upright position, face up, to reduce swelling for 3-7 nights.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for the first 3 weeks.
- Use a minimum SPF 30 when leaving the house to avoid post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation for the first 3 weeks.
- Avoid dental appointments as well as facial appointment as mouth and face movement should be restricted for the first 4 weeks.
- Paracetamol should be advised for post procedure discomfort for the first week, however, NSAID like
- Ibuprofen should be avoided because inflammation is necessary for the success of the treatment.
- Avoid alcohol for 3-7 days post treatment.
- Avoid heat treatment including sauna and sun beds for 7 days.