Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) treatment
Injection of Botulinum toxin in the skin of the armpit is a safe and effective way to reduce sweating. They work by blocking a chemical in your body that stimulates the sweat glands.
This treatment is safe and works for most people although it isn’t recommended if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a heart or muscle condition.
Are there any risks to this treatment?
The risks of these injections are very small and temporary if it’s done correctly by a suitably qualified practitioner.
Pain, bruising, swelling and redness where the needles went in the skin is not uncommon.
What shall I do or not do after the treatment ?
- Avoid consuming large amounts of alcohol the nights prior treatment.
- Avoid taking blood thinning medications like Aspirin.
What to expect from DerMediCare?
At DerMedicare, you are ensured to be treated by experienced hands of highly-trained medical professionals, who combine healthcare knowledge with extensive training to deliver remarkable results.
Our professional service includes:
- A complete end-to-end service
- Free initial comprehensive consultation with Dr Ash
- Cooling off period offered as standard
- Treatment appointment when it is convenient to you, we work late and weekend to accommodate any needs.
- Out of hours support – expert advice at end of the phone.
- Complementary follow-up appointment two weeks after treatment.